Philadelphia Eviction Prevention Project (PEPP)
What is PEPP?
In late 2017, City Council, the Mayor and legal services agencies partnered to create the Philadelphia Eviction Prevention Project (PEPP), an innovative project to assist tenants facing eviction through legal representation, financial counseling, a live hotline, a court help center, community trainings & educational materials. Community Legal Services leads PEPP in collaboration with Clarifi, Legal Clinic for the Disabled, SeniorLAW Center, TURN, & Philadelphia VIP.
- Tenant Hotline – live support and referrals to legal services at 267-443-2500.
- Lawyer of the Day – free, same day representation to income-eligible tenants on the day of their eviction hearing at Municipal Court at 1339 Chestnut St, 6th Floor.
- Court Navigators – professionals to explain the process, provide resources and offer neutral information at Municipal Court at 1339 Chestnut St, 6th floor.
- Tenant Help Center – speak with legal staff at the 10th floor of Municipal Court at 1339 Chestnut.
- Tenant Rights Workshops – learn about your rights and responsibilities with TURN staff:
- Mon – Fri at 12:30p at 100 S Broad Street Suite 800
- Tues & Wed at 6:00 at 100 S Broad Street Suite 800
- Saturdays at 11am at 1701 West Lehigh Avenue Room 1102.
- Financial Counseling – meet with Clarifi financial counselor at Municipal Court at 1339 Chestnut Street, 6th floor.
- Pro Bono Representation – free representation to income-eligible tenants from private pro bono attorneys working with Philadelphia VIP.
Here are all of the services under PEPP: English and Spanish