When can I request a grievance hearing?
All PHA and PAPMC public housing tenants can ask for a Grievance Hearing to dispute a lease termination notice or raise an issue with PHA.
What is the grievance hearing process?
- Fill out Grievance Hearing Request form and give to the manager.
- Informal Meeting with manager should be scheduled within 10 days.
- Summary & Decision should be sent within 5 days of the meeting.
- Accept or Reject Summary & Decision. If you do not like PHA’s decision, sign it and return it to the manager within 10 days.
- Grievance Hearing should be scheduled within 20 days. For questions, call the PHA Grievance Coordinator at 215-684-5909.
How do I prepare for a grievance hearing?
Start gathering evidence right away to prove your case. Proof may include:
- Rent receipts
- Letters from PHA
- Repair receipts
- Proof of income
- Police reports
- L&I inspection reports
- Doctor’s notes
- Utility bills
- PHA rent ledger (AR history)
What happens at the grievance hearing?
Grievance hearings are usually held at 2013 Ridge Avenue (near Ridge and Master Streets).
- At the hearing, you can present evidence, call witnesses and explain the details of your case to the hearing officer.
- PHA will also have a turn to present evidence, call witnesses and explain their case to the hearing officer.
- The hearing officer should send you a written decision within 15 days of the hearing.
- If you are not satisfied with the decision, you can appeal the decision in the Court of Common Pleas in City Hall, Room 296, within 30 days.